I used to have this tradition - where I bought shoes every time someone called to tell me they were pregnant. It was a tradition that, sadly, I've had to stop because I have too many friends that apparently feel like the world will come to a disastrous end unless they manage to pass their genes on to the next generation. Needless to say people my age are procreating left, right and center with the usual results. In fact so many of my friends recently have called to share the "good news" that I bitterly remarked to my supervisor that I'm going to start answering the phone "Planned parenthood, this is Allison, tell me about your pregnancy."
Anyways, my ill repressed bitterness and anger is NOT the point of this blog. Today, the shoe thing was briefly revised because Jen discovered crocs at Big Lots (of all places) for ten bucks (of all prices!) and....they were Nanooks. And then Tasha bought them for me so I didn't have to drive across town in the sleet on my lunch hour to get them.
I love them. They're cute. They're fuzzy. I can wear them to work without socks. And let's face it... "nanook" is just such a great word to say.
Nanook! Nanook!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment